Islamic marriage quotes provide valuable insights, advice, and motivation for couples who, begin their married life. These help the significance of love, kindness, understanding, and mutual respect in building a strong and peaceful marriage. When couples apply these teachings to their everyday lives, they can spend a blessed and satisfying marital relationship.
Islamic Marriage Quotes from the Quran
Islamic marriage quotes derived from the Quran and Hadiths provide invaluable guidance and inspiration for couples.
- وَ مِنْ اٰیٰتِهٖۤ اَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُمْ مِّنْ اَنْفُسِكُمْ اَزْوَاجًا لِّتَسْكُنُوْۤا اِلَیْهَا وَ جَعَلَ بَیْنَكُمْ مَّوَدَّةً وَّ رَحْمَةًؕ-اِنَّ فِیْ ذٰلِكَ لَاٰیٰتٍ لِّقَوْم یَّتَفَكَّرُوْنَ(21)
This verse from the Quran emphasizes the divine wisdom behind the creation of spouses as a source of tranquility, love, and mercy for one another. It underscores the importance of fostering an atmosphere of compassion, understanding, and affection within the marital relationship.
- “وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا لِّتَسْكُنُوا إِلَيْهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَكُم مَّوَدَّةً وَرَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ” (القرآن 30:21)
This verse further elaborates on the significance of finding tranquility and solace in one’s spouse. It highlights the divine intent of creating the institution of marriage as a means of strengthening the bond between husband and wife through affection and mercy.
- (Quran 2:187)ہُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَّکُمْ وَاَنْتُمْ لِبَاسٌ لَّہُنَّ .ا …
This Islamic marriage quote explains the close and caring bond between married partners. It says that just like clothes shield and decorate our bodies, spouses should offer emotional support, safety, and adornment to each other. The quote highlights the idea of togetherness, friendship, and intimacy that exist within a marriage.
- (وعيش معهم بلطف. (القرآن 4:19
This concise yet powerful quote emphasizes the importance of treating one’s spouse with kindness, compassion, and respect. It serves as a reminder for both husbands and wives to prioritize acts of love, consideration, and gentleness in their interactions, nurturing a harmonious and fulfilling marriage.
- وَمِنۡ اٰيٰتِهٖۤ اَنۡ خَلَقَ لَكُمۡ مِّنۡ اَنۡفُسِكُمۡ اَزۡوَاجًا لِّتَسۡكُنُوۡۤا اِلَيۡهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيۡنَكُمۡ مَّوَدَّةً وَّرَحۡمَةً ؕ اِنَّ فِىۡ ذٰ لِكَ لَاٰيٰتٍ لِّقَوۡمٍ يَّتَفَكَّرُوۡنَ
Repeated from earlier, this quote reiterates the significance of finding tranquility and contentment in one’s spouse. It emphasizes that the institution of marriage is a divine gift, intended to be a source of comfort, support, and love.
- وَأَنْكِحُوا الْأَيَامَى مِنْكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ:)سورت النور/آیت 32،
This verse advises people to marry those who are unmarried and pious, including those who may be financially less privileged. It assures that Allah will provide for them with His blessings because He is generous and knows everything.
Islamic Marriage Quotes from the Hadiths
- خيركم هو خير زوجته ، وأنا خيركم لأهلي” – النبي محمد
This Hadith highlights the exemplary character of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in treating his wives with the utmost kindness, love, and respect. It encourages husbands to emulate his noble example and be the best companions and caretakers for their wives.
- “الزواج نصف الإيمان”. – الرسول محمد (صلى الله عليه وسلم
Prophet Muhammad’s words highlight the spiritual significance of marriage in Islam. This quote emphasizes that a fulfilling marital relationship is not only a worldly union but also an essential aspect of one’s faith. It reminds believers to approach marriage with sincerity, devotion, and a deep sense of responsibility.
- “لا تتزوج من أجل الجمال أو الثروة. بدلًا من ذلك ، تزوج بشخصية الشخص”. – الرسول محمد (صلى الله عليه وسلم).
In this quote, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) advises against prioritizing superficial qualities in a partner. It encourages individuals to seek a spouse based on their character, piety, and moral values. This reminder promotes the foundation of a strong and lasting marriage built on mutual respect and shared principles
- “لا ينبغي للرجل المؤمن أن يكره امرأة مؤمنة ، فإن كره إحدى خصالها رضي بأخرى”. – النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم).
In this Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) encourages spouses to focus on the positive qualities of their partners and practice patience and understanding. It reminds couples that no individual is perfect, and it is through acceptance and appreciation of each other’s virtues that a harmonious and loving marriage is cultivated.
- “أَفْضَلُكُمْ خَيْرُكُمْ لِأَهْلِهِ” – النبي محمد (صلى الله عليه وسلم)
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) emphasizes the importance of treating one’s wife with kindness, respect, and generosity. This Hadith serves as a reminder for husbands to fulfill their responsibilities and strive to create a nurturing and loving environment within their marriages.
- “أكمل المؤمنين إيمانا أحسنهم خلقا، وأحسنكم خلقا أحسنكم لنسائه” – النبي محمد (صلى الله عليه وسلم)
This Hadith highlights the correlation between faith and good character. It encourages both husbands and wives to exemplify noble conduct and treat each other with kindness, patience, and compassion. It emphasizes that true piety is reflected in one’s behavior toward their spouse.
Also Read, Second Wife in Islam Position And Rights
Islamic marriage quotes from the Quran and Hadiths give important advice and inspiration for couples who want a happy and strong marriage. These quotes teach about love, kindness, compassion, and respect in marriage. When couples follow these teachings, they can create a loving and peaceful relationship based on Islamic values. Let the wisdom of these quotes guide couples and remind them of the blessings and values that come with marriage in Islam.